Chapter Four. Geometry for Modeling and Design
After studying the material in this chapter, you should be able to:
1. Identify and specify basic geometric elements and primitive shapes.
2. Select a 2D profile that best describes the shape of an object.
3. Identify mirrored shapes and sketch their lines of symmetry.
4. Identify shapes that can be formed by extrusion and sketch their cross sections.
5. Identify shapes that can be formed by revolution techniques and sketch their profiles.
6. Define Boolean operations.
7. Specify the Boolean operations to combine primitive shapes into a complex shape.
8. Work with Cartesian coordinates and user coordinate systems in a CAD system.
9. Identify the transformations common to CAD systems. ...