This chapter compiles key concepts from the book in the form of a list of 100 points you should know. It should serve as a quick-reference guide when you cannot keep The Art of Investigative Interviewing at hand.
Guideline; interview; investigate; recommendation; tip
1. Be confident.
2. Be positive.
3. Research the background of the interviewee.
4. Do online research of all details.
5. Know your purpose.
6. Control your comfort zone.
7. Tailor your demeanor.
8. Admit to mistakes.
9. Eliminate possible answers.
10. Maintain high professional standards.
11. Use the skills you’ve developed.
12. Be ready for denial.
13. Have a conversation.
14. Try to develop ...