Write for readers who have little or no understanding of the military. Use plain English, civilian terminology.
As you write, omit/exclude:
• Military terminology/jargon
• Military acronyms
• Military slang
• Military abbreviations
• Details of combat
Since you are transitioning into a new career, include a Goal section (see Chapter 4).
Create position descriptions/blurbs containing plenty of action statements (i.e., evidence of transferable skills)* and get specific. For example, describe:
• Number of people managed
• Dollar amounts of budgets managed
• Dollar value of assets you managed
• “Civilian-transferable” skills training you have given to others
• Problems/opportunities successfully identified ...