Chapter 1. The Methodology of Problem Solving
This chapter covers a basic overview of troubleshooting skills, a complete set of troubleshooting tools for vSphere infrastructure, and tips and techniques on how these tools can be used to troubleshoot your vSphere infrastructure.
The topics covered in this chapter are as follows:
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Installing and configuring vMA
- Configuring a centralized syslog server
- Utilizing PowerCLI
- A comprehensive reference of log files
- Collecting logs
- Understanding the health of vSphere hosts
We all fix things in our daily lives, and all it takes to fix these things are troubleshooting skills. As with all skills, whether it's playing the piano, fixing a broken car, acting, or writing ...