Queues are an intuitive concept that can easily be related to our everyday life, such as when you stand in line to board a plane at the airport. In an actual line of people, you will see the following:
- People typically enter at one end of the line and exit from the other end
- If person A enters the line before person B, person A will also leave the line before person B (unless person B has more priority)
- Once everyone has boarded the plane, there will be no one left in the line. In other words, the line will be empty
In computer science, a queue works in a considerably similar way:
- Elements can be added to the end of the queue; this task is called enqueue.
- Elements can also be removed ...