Practical guidance on how to successfully introduce enterprise social networks to connect employees
While there are a fast growing number of books around social media and enterprise 2.0, the focus is often on the technical tools. Connecting Organizational Silos approaches social media and enterprise 2.0 from a knowledge flow management perspective. It offers practical and specific guidance on what to do and what not to do when introducing social media in an organization. This concise, easy-to-read guide offers a nuts-and-bolts look at how to get started in social media and drive it to success.
Examines knowledge flows and the deployment of social media networks within organizations
Helps organizations become more successful in introducing social media tools and platforms into their organizations
By incorporating social media into their business, organizations will be able to make better use of their member's knowledge and thereby become more competitive. Connecting Organizational Silos discusses all aspects of enterprise social media and how it can help to drive corporate growth.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Your Organization Is Not “The Web”
- Chapter 2: Why Should You Care about Social Media?
- Chapter 3: Getting Started
- Chapter 4: Roles
- Chapter 5: Driving for Success
- Chapter 6: Fighting Barriers
- Chapter 7: Technology: The Enabler
- Chapter 8: Social Media Analytics
- Chapter 9: What’s Next
- Chapter 10: Final Thoughts
- Appendix A: Key Success Factors
- Appendix B: Additional Resources
- About the Author
- Title: Connecting Organizational Silos: Taking Knowledge Flow Management to the Next Level with Social Media
- Release date: October 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118386439