Chapter 18 Body Armor
MAKING ARMOR FROM HOUSEHOLD ITEMS
Two types of armor were made for the Pippin production: breastplates for the Chorus and a set of full armor for Pippin. They were made from small plastic laundry baskets.
THE CHORUS’S BREASTPLATES
PROCEDURES FOR MAKING THE CHORUS’S BREASTPLATES
• Round-shaped laundry baskets
• Steamer baskets (for the female breastsplates)
• Gold tie wire
• Fishing line
• Tin snips
• Eggbeater (whisk part)
• Magna-Tac clear glue, 809 permanent adhesive
• Dremel tools (Figure 18-1a)
• Heat gun or stove
• Black plastic spray paints
• 1″-wide black elastic strips
• Small buckles
• ½ ″-wide black elastic strips
• Silver metallic paints
• Paint ...
Get Costume Craftwork on a Budget now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.