Increase your emotional intelligence, build a better workplace
Emotional intelligence is crucial for business leadership, and nowhere is that more true than in Asia, where emotions are particularly likely to be concealed during daily business interactions. Emotions can be a major asset for leaders if properly understood, and a source of significant disruption if they are ignored. EQ and Leadership in Asia provides business leaders in Asia with the keys to using emotions as allies as they face practical business challenges.
Presenting emotional intelligence in a clear, straightforward manner that anyone can understand, the book shows what it can accomplish, why it matters, and how to systematically improve your ability to understand emotions. Looking at the real challenges that leaders in Asia have to face every day and exploring how emotional intelligence can be used in each instance, this compelling book is essential reading for leaders who want to inspire and influence their coworkers and lead their companies to greater success.
Explains the key concepts of emotional intelligence and its particular importance for those in leadership positions
Explores why understanding emotion is particularly important for Asian leaders
Provides practical examples of emotional intelligence techniques in action in real-world situations
A guide to emotional intelligence designed for people working in leadership positions in Asia, EQ and Leadership In Asia is the only book you need to harness emotion in order to create a better workplace.
Table of Contents
Part One: Understanding Emotional Intelligence in Asia
- Chapter 1: Does It Make Sense to Write About EI in Asia?
- Chapter 2: EI and Why It Matters in Asia
- Chapter 3: The Various Facets of EI: Four Areas to Develop
- Chapter 4: EI Is Not about Being Nice and Sweet
- Chapter 5: Asia’s Contribution to EI: The Power of Paradox
- Chapter 6: Using Both Masculine and Feminine Energies
- Chapter 7: Four Steps to Develop Your Emotional Intelligence
Part Two: Using Emotions as Allies in Practical Leadership Challenges
- Chapter 8: Choosing to Use Emotions as Allies
- Chapter 9: Preventing Damaging Emotional Outbursts
- Chapter 10: Using Emotions to Create High Engagement
- Chapter 11: EI for Getting Things Done and Making Tough Decisions
- Chapter 12: Emotions as Keys for a Way out of Conflict
- Chapter 13: Emotions to Lead Your Team to the High-Performance Zone
- Chapter 14: Emotions and Intuition for Effective Decision Making
- Chapter 15: Conclusion
- Review of Books
- Title: EQ and Leadership In Asia: Using Emotional Intelligence To Lead And Inspire Your People
- Release date: June 2011
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9780470829868