PRINCIPLES FOR BUILDING SUSTAINABLE AGREEMENTS
MAKING DECISIONS THAT INCORPORATE EVERYONE'S POINT OF VIEW
- What Makes an Agreement Sustainable?
- Case Example: A Typical Tale of Woe
- Case Example: Success Story
- Business-as-Usual Compared with Participatory Decision-Making
- Two Mind-Sets: Either / Or versus Both / And
- Both / And Problem Solving Principles
The diagram shown above represents an idealized sequence of the relationship between the discussion that precedes a decision, and the implementation that follows a decision. The discussion is quick and direct, and the implementation is straightforward.
Many people – perhaps most people – really ...