Practice Exam 2
One practice GRE down, five to go (counting the three online and assuming you’ve taken Practice Exam 1 in Chapter 16)! Hopefully, you reviewed your wrong answers from the last exam, noted your trouble topics, and revisited those topics in Chapters 4–13.
This practice exam is like the last one: It mimics the actual, computer-based GRE with two 30-minute essays, two 30-minute Verbal Reasoning sections (20 questions each), and two 35-minute Quantitative Reasoning sections (20 questions each). Remember that the actual GRE may also include an extra Verbal or Quantitative Reasoning section that doesn’t count toward your score but does make the overall experience more grueling.
Be sure to take this practice test under normal exam conditions as you would the real GRE:
- Work when you won’t be interrupted.
- Use blank scratch paper.
- Answer as many questions as you can. Guess on the remaining questions.
- Set a timer for each section.
- Don’t get up while the timer is running.
- Take breaks between sections.
- Type the essays. Use a simple text editor, such as Notepad.
After completing this practice exam, check your answers in Chapter 19 — along with explanations for all the questions. Even if you answered the question correctly, there may be a faster and simpler way to find the answer.