- The default sources of configuration properties are environment variables, Java system properties, and the META-INF/microprofile-config.properties file.
- You can provide a custom ConfigSource implementation that maps property names to values in the custom source.
- Strings are not the only supported types, as MP-Config supports type conversion via a pluggable SPI, and provides several default conversions by default.
- You do not need to provide a value for an injected property if you have given a defaultValue, or have injected the property as an Optional<?> value.
- Complex property types can be handled using a custom Converter<?> implementation that takes a string and returns the complex type.
- When an annotation is specified at the class ...
Get Hands-On Enterprise Java Microservices with Eclipse MicroProfile now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.