Would you like to build one mobile web application that works on iPad and Kindle Fire as well as iPhone and Android smartphones? This introductory guide to jQuery Mobile shows you how. Through a series of hands-on exercises, you’ll learn the best ways to use this framework’s many interface components to build customizable, multiplatform apps. You don’t need any programming skills or previous experience with jQuery to get started.
By the time you finish this book, you’ll know how to create responsive, Ajax-based interfaces that work on a variety of smartphones and tablets, using jQuery Mobile and semantic HTML5 code.
- Work with UI components to format content and create forms, lists, navbars, and buttons
- Customize your entire user interface with themes and CSS3
- Enable users to install your app from the browser and work with it offline
- Distribute through app stores by packaging your creation as a native app
Table of contents
- A Note Regarding Supplemental Files
1. The Mobile Platform
Why Do We Need jQuery Mobile?
- Myths of the Mobile Web
- Mobile Webapps
- So, Again…Why Do We Need jQuery Mobile?
- What Is jQuery Mobile?
- The Mobile and Tablet World
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Main Features
- Testing Webapps
- Why Do We Need jQuery Mobile?
2. Starting with the Framework
- Preparing the Document
- Adobe Dreamweaver Support
- Integrating with the Phone
3. UI Components
- Formatting Content
- 4. Lists
- 5. Form Components
- Document Events
- Custom Transitions
- Dynamic Content
- Creating Grids
- Changing Page Contents
- Event Handling
- 7. Creating Themes
- 8. Installation and Offline Access
- 9. A Complete Webapp
- 10. Extending the Framework
- 11. Packaging for Stores
- About the Author
- Title: jQuery Mobile: Up and Running
- Release date: February 2012
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449397654
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Lua Quick Start Guide
The easiest way to learn Lua programming Key Features The easiest way to learn Lua coding …
Python GUI Programming with Tkinter
Find out how to create visually stunning and feature-rich applications by empowering Python's built-in Tkinter GUI …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …