The objective of planning is to gain all necessary information, identify and anticipate possible problems and evolve a strategy to cope with the production requirements. In all but the simplest of location problems a recce or reconnaissance is recommended to identify:
- the requirements of the production actually on-site
- the natural or artificial lighting conditions likely to occur, position of sun etc.
- the power available and its suitability
- problems requiring special lighting units
- problems requiring special rigging facilities
- the need for electricians
- the need for dimmers, plus their location on-site
- the need for a generator or an electrical ‘tie-in’ to the supply to derive a larger current feed than ...