PROVE THE VALUE OF YOUR HR PROGRAM WITH HARD DATA
While corporate leaders may well know the value of human capital, they don’t always understand the extent to which the HR function contributes to the bottom line. So when times get tough and business budgets get cut, HR departments often take the first hit.
In this groundbreaking guide, the cofounders of ROI Institute, Jack Phillips and Patti Phillips, provide the tools and techniques you need to use analytics to show top decision makers the value of HR in your organization.
Focusing on three types of analytics--descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive--Making Human Capital Analytics Work shows how you can apply analytics by:
- Developing relationships between variables
- Predicting the success of HR programs
- Determining the cost of intangibles that are otherwise diffi cult to value
- Showing the business value of particular HR programs
- Calculating and forecasting the ROI of various HR projects and programs
Much more than a guide to using data collection and analysis, Making Human Capital Analytics Work is a template for spearheading large-scale change in your organization by dramatically influencing your department's overall image within the organization.
The authors take you step-by-step through the processes of using hard data to drive decisions and demonstrate the tangible value of HR.
You know that your department is more than administrative and transactional--that it's an integral player in your company's strategy. Apply the lessons in Making Human Capital Analytics Work and ensure that all other stakeholders know too.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1 The Case for a Logical Approach to Analytics
- Chapter 2 Define the Problem or Opportunity
- Chapter 3 Review the Research and Set the Hypothesis
- Chapter 4 Achieve Business Alignment
- Chapter 5 Plan the Project
- Chapter 6 Collect Data
- Chapter 7 Analyze Relationships, Causation, and Attribution
- Chapter 8 Select the Solution and Set the Objectives
- Chapter 9 Calculate Monetary Benefits, Costs, and ROI
- Chapter 10 Forecast, Predict, Test, and Optimize
- Chapter 11 Report Results and Drive Improvement
- Chapter 12 Manage and Sustain the Human Capital Analytics Practice
- About the Authors
- Title: Making Human Capital Analytics Work: Measuring the ROI of Human Capital Processes and Outcomes
- Release date: July 2014
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071840620
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Fluent Python, 2nd Edition
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but often this means you aren’t using everything it …
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …