A box plot is a very good plot to understand the spread, median, and outliers of data:
The various parts of the preceding figure are explained as follows:
- Q3: This is the 75th percentile value of the data. It's also called the upper hinge.
- Q1: This is the 25th percentile value of the data. It's also called the lower hinge.
- Box: This is also called a step. It's the difference between the upper hinge and the lower hinge.
- Median: This is the midpoint of the data.
- Max: This is the upper inner fence. It is 1.5 times the step above Q3.
- Min: This is the lower inner fence. It is 1.5 times the step below Q1.
Any value that is greater than Max or lesser ...