5Managing the Project
|Q:||How does a project get to be three years late? (with a nod to Frederik Brooks, author of The Mythical Man Month)|
|A:||One day at a time.|
In this chapter, you will learn how to:
• Determine the tasks that need to be completed by the project manager and those that should be completed by other stakeholders.
• Monitor the project charter to document business objectives, learning and performance objectives, scope, risk, and constraints.
• Monitor the project schedule for new course development, course acquisition, or contracted training projects.
• Adjust the project schedule with actual status results in order to manage the project schedule and resource allocation.
• Troubleshoot along the three project constraints.