Plan, Prepare, React, and Get Ahead Of Any Crisis—In Real Time!
Your business or organization will face a crisis. That’s a fact. Here’s another: Thanks to social media, crises happen more often and accelerate out of control faster—much faster.
So…what’s your crisis communications plan?
Don’t have one? Let’s fix that. Now. This book gives you a crisis communications blueprint that’s fast, flexible, realistic, complete, and doable.
You’ll learn how to successfully defend yourself using the same social tools others are using against you. You’ll see what works (and doesn’t). You’ll learn from folks who’ve been there and lived to talk about it: leaders who’ve been forced to execute their own crisis plans in the most brutally tough situations.
When thatcrisis comes, you’ll own this book. You’ll be ready. You’ll survive. You will win.
Understand the radically new dynamics of today’s crises
Anticipate what might happen, so you can get ahead of any crisis
Establish crisis response roles, teams, and notification/activation processes
Use free and low-cost services to monitor online chatter for signs of trouble
Respond in real time, before your crisis escalates
Calibrate your response to the realities of what’s happening
Effectively integrate social media best practices throughout your response
Avoid the disastrous mistakes panicked organizations often make
Regain control of your organization’s identity across the web
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- 1. What Is a Crisis?
- 2. The Social Platforms
- 3. New Dynamics in Social and Crisis Communications
- 4. Organizations Doing It Right
- 5. How Not to Handle a Social Media Crisis
6. Creating a Crisis Communications Plan
- Identifying and Training a Crisis Response Team
- The Crisis Response Center
- Listening to the Chatter and Converting It into Insights
- Identifying Influencers
- Measuring the Outcome
- Producing a List of Anticipated Scenarios, Using SWOT Analysis
- Taking Control of Your Organization’s Identity Online
- Developing Holding Statements
- Establishing Notification Systems
- Wrapping Up
- 7. Integrating Social Media into the Crisis Communications Plan
- 8. When a Crisis Hits
- 9. Recovering from a Crisis
- 10. Tying It All Together
- A. Communication Response Steps
- B. Quick List of Providers Mentioned in Book
- Title: Social Media Crisis Communications: Preparing for, Preventing, and Surviving a Public Relations #Fail
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780789750563
You might also like
Webs of Influence: The Psychology of Online Persuasion, 2nd Edition
With the majority of commercial transaction now happening online, companies of all shapes and sizes face …
Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
Don't simply show your data—tell a story with it! Storytelling with Data teaches you the fundamentals …
Crisis Communications: The Definitive Guide to Managing the Message
The Definitive Guide to Communicating in Any Crisis “When facing an already difficult crisis, the last …
Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content
Finally a go-to guide to creating and publishing the kind of content that will make your …