Chronological or Functional Résumé?
Your résumé is an organized written presentation of you—of your relevant information and accomplishments specifically targeted toward your job search. It is not a laundry list of jobs. Instead, it is a clear, concise professional picture of you and your work history.
- Determine your format below and stick with it.
- Use bulleted statements and avoid long paragraphs. Don't bore your reader.
- Avoid using “responsible for,” “duties include,” or “responsibilities include.”
- Avoid using personal pronouns—I, me, my.
Remember: It is the reader's perception of you that will make an impact.
- Use a large enough font that ...