Negotiation is one of the most important skills in business. Fact.
No other skill will give you a better chance of optimising your success and your organisation's success.
Every time you negotiate, you are looking for an increased advantage. This book delivers it. From planning, dynamics and strategies, to psychology, tactics and behaviours, nothing will put you in a stronger position to build capability, build negotiation strategies and facilitate negotiations through to successful conclusions. Chapters include:
The Clock Face of Negotiation
Can You Really Negotiate?
The 'e' Factor
The Negotiation Book is your competitive advantage. That's something everyone can agree on.
Table of contents
- So You think You Can Negotiate?
- The Negotiation Clock Face
- Why power Matters
- The Ten Negotiation Traits
- The Fourteen Behaviours that Make the Difference
- The 'E' Factor
Authority and Empowerment
- UNDERSTANDING EMPOWERMENT
- WE ARE ALL EMPOWERED TO SOME DEGREE
- YOUR BOSS AS YOUR WORST ENEMY
- NEGOTIATION USING EMPOWERMENT WITHIN TEAM ROLES
- GETTING EMPOWERED BEFORE YOU START
- EMPOWERMENT WHICH PROTECTS YOU
- EMPOWERED TO DO THE WRONG THINGS?
- DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY
- EMPOWERMENT AND SCOPE TO CREATE VALUE
- Tactics and Values
- planning and preparation that helps You to Build Value
- Title: The Negotiation Book: Your Definitive Guide To Successful Negotiating
- Release date: February 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470664919
You might also like
Harvard Business Review on Winning Negotiations
Persuade others to do what you want--for their own reasons.
Communication Skills For Dummies
The key to perfecting your communication strategy Great communication skills can make all the difference in …
The Negotiation Book
Master the art of negotiation and gain the competitive advantage Now revised and updated, the second …
Master the art of getting what you need with a more collaborative approach to negotiation Quantum …