ADDRESSING MODES AND DATA MOVE OPERATIONS
In this chapter, the reader is introduced to simpler data-moving instructions of MCS-51 microcontrollers. Different addressing modes offered by MCS-51 are also discussed. After completion of this chapter, the reader should be able to understand:
- Five types of addressing modes offered by MCS-51.
- Mnemonics used for data move type instructions.
- All variations offered by the MOV instructions.
- Different syntax used in MOV instruction.
- Limitation of the MOV instruction.
- Difference between 8085 and MCS-51 data move instructions.
4.1 | Instructions and Instruction Groups of MCS-51
As we have made ourselves familiar with some essential parts of MCS-51 architecture, we may now concentrate ...