In this chapter, the reader is introduced to 8051 interrupts in general and its external interrupts in particular. After completion of the chapter, the reader should be able to understand
- Overall functioning of interrupts.
- How an external interrupt works.
- Vector addresses for interrupts.
- Priority of interrupts.
- Application of special function registers (SFRs) related to the external interrupts.
- How to develop Interrupt Service Routine (ISR).
- How to generate software interrupts
14.1 | Introduction
As we have completed the discussions on the software instruction set of MCS-51, we may now be introduced to one of its very important features, the interrupts. Its distinctive features allow us to subdivide ...