SERIAL COMMUNICATION AND SERIAL INTERRUPTS
In this chapter, the reader is introduced to Serial Interrupts of 8051. After completion of the chapter, the reader should be able to understand
- Types of serial communication.
- Role of serial interrupt in serial communication.
- How 8051 implements serial communication in its different modes.
- SFRs related with serial communications.
- Developing subroutines for serial communication.
16.1 | Introduction
In this third and final chapter on interrupts, we complete the discussions on 8051 interrupts related to serial communications. This type of communication is necessary in multiprocessor environment. Fig. 16.1 shows general classification of communication.
Figure 16.1 General classification ...