CASE STUDY: A HOME PROTECTION SYSTEM
In this chapter, the reader is introduced to a full-length design example with 8051 microcontroller as a case study. After completion of the chapter, the reader should be able to understand
- How to plan a system, which is to be designed.
- How are the hardware-interfacing modules prepared.
- How are the software routines developed.
- How to interface a few common sensors with 8051.
- How to implement a multiplexed keyboard-display interface.
25.1 | Initial Planning
As we have completed the study of internal architecture, instruction set and major interfacing techniques related to 8051 microcontroller in the previous chapters, we may now take up a full-scale design example using 8051. Many of ...