• Examine the host sharing services built into OS X
• Use screen sharing tools to access other network hosts
• Use AirDrop to quickly and easily share files
• Secure shared services by configuring the firewall
• Troubleshoot shared service issues
One of Apple’s worst kept secrets is that OS X already includes many of the core technologies that make OS X Server possible. Although OS X Server supports additional advanced network services and administration tools, the two systems share the same software for providing several network services.
In this lesson, you will focus on using OS X as both a network client and a shared resource for a variety of network and Internet services. After an introduction ...