Proven techniques and invaluable advice for writing winning business proposals—revised and updated!
What makes a winning business proposal? It highlights your skills and services, meets your client's needs, and clearly sets you apart from the competition.
Since 1995, Handbook for Writing Proposals has helped thousands of professionals develop winning proposals. This exceptional handbook guides you through the unique nine-step proposal-writing process from the initial RFP to the client presentation. In this revised and updated version, the authors show you how to:
- Choose the RFPs that give you the best chance of success
- Showcase your company's skills and services
- Set realistic time/cost schedules and budgets
- Avoid the mistakes that sink most proposals
- Build client relationships that bring you repeat business
- Tailor your writing for an international business audience
The second edition also offers you a wealth of downloadable forms and checklists that you can adapt for your own proposal-writing process.
Whether you own your own business, need to train your corporate staff, or simply want to improve your skills, Handbook for Writing Proposals, second edition will show you how to profit from every proposal you write.
This book guides you through the process of creating the best impression of your sweat equity to your customer. Whether you need to polish up and improve every aspect of the proposal or just certain elements, this book will fill the need. Remember, the economics of gain only occur when a customer feels you’ve fulfilled a need and created value.
Paul V. Baron, President, In-Store Bakery Division, The Quarter Oats Company
Handbook for Writing Proposals offers a wealth of down-to-earth, practical guidance on all phases of proposal writing. The book is well organized and full of concrete ideas that are easy to include in real-life situations. The sample letters, checklists, budgets, and proposals are extremely valuable. This book is a great resource for anyone whose success depends on convincing others through the proposal process.
Richard M. Sawdey, Former Vice President and Secretary, R. R. Donnelley & Sons Company
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Handbook for Writing Proposals
- Copyright Page
- 1 Where to Begin
2 9-Step Proposal Process: An Overview
- 9-Step Proposal Preparation and Writing Process
- Step 1: Bid/No-Bid Analysis and Decision
- Step 2: The Proposal Team
- Step 3: RFP Analysis
- Step 4: Preparation Schedule
- Step 5: Assignment of Tasks
- Step 6: Development of Program Design
- Step 7: Development of Front Matter and Executive Summary
- Step 8: Producing the Proposal
- Step 9: Client Presentation
- 3 Selecting the Bid and Choosing the Proposal Team
- 4 Finding Your Unique Selling Point
- 5 Developing Your Program Design
- 6 Writing the Front Matter and Executive Summary
- 7 Producing Your Proposal
- 8 Making Client Presentations
- Title: Handbook For Writing Proposals, Second Edition, 2nd Edition
- Release date: September 2010
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071746496
You might also like
Communicative English for Engineers and Professionals
Communicative English for Engineers and Professionals covers the syllabi of B. Tech, BE, B.Com, M.Com, BBA, …
Writing Business Bids and Proposals For Dummies
Develop a winning business proposal Plan and use a repeatable proposal process Use tools and templates …
Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
Don't simply show your data—tell a story with it! Storytelling with Data teaches you the fundamentals …
How does a company constantly win more business than its rivals? A key factor is the …