Spring Boot provides support to create standalone, production-grade, Spring-based applications that you can just run.
Spring Boot also provides some of the following features out of the box, by taking an opinionated view of how applications have to be developed:
- Provides support for developing standalone Spring applications
- Embeds Tomcat, Jetty, or Undertow directly, with no need to deploy WAR files
- Allow us to externalize configuration to work in different environments with the same application code
- Simplifies Maven configuration by providing opinionated starter POMs
- Eliminates the need for code generation and the requirement for XML configuration
- Provides support for production features like metrics, health checks, and application ...