Now that you have a general idea about Java and its related terms and tools, we will start discussing Java as a programming language.
This chapter will introduce the basic concepts of Java as an object-oriented programming (OOP) language. You will learn about classes, interfaces, and objects, and their relations. You will also learn the concepts and features of OOP.
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- The basic terms in Java programming
- Classes and objects (instances)
- Class (static) and object (instance) members
- Interface, implementation, and inheritance
- OOP concepts and features
- Exercise – Interface versus abstract class
We call them basics because they are the founding principles of Java as a language, ...