Book descriptionOrganizational change doesn't have to be so difficult. Leading change expert Jake Jacobs shares eight fail-safe ways to make any change initiative at any organization easier, faster, and more effective.
In a recent Fast Company article, nine CEOs said the biggest challenges their companies face are all related to change. Change is a constant need and a constant challenge for every organization—large or small, for-profit, nonprofit, or governmental. Is there a way to make it easier?
If you're trying to lift something heavy, it helps to have a lever. In this book, Jake Jacobs provides eight levers that can transform the typical change process into something far smoother and more efficient—he calls the new process Leverage Change. Jacobs offers proven advice and real-life examples that will accelerate every step of the change process, including designing your own customized change process, figuring out where the real energy for change is in your organization, striking the right balance between explicit direction and creative collaboration, making change work as part of people's regular routines, and more. Archimedes said with the right lever, he could move the world—with Jacobs' eight levers, you can change your world.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction: How to Gain the Most from Leverage Change
- 1: Pay Attention to Continuity
- 2: Think and Act as If the Future Were Now!
- 3: Design It Yourself
- 4: Create a Common Database
- 5: Start with Impact, Follow the Energy
- 6: Develop a Future People Want to Call Their Own
- 7: Find Opportunities for People to Make a Meaningful Difference
- 8: Make Change Work Part of Daily Work
- 9: The Power and Possibilities of Leverage Change
- 10: Taking Leverage into Your Own Hands
- About the Author
- Discussion Guide: Apply What You’ve Learned
- Title: Leverage Change
- Release date: May 2021
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781523092260
You might also like
Software development today is embracing events and streaming data, which optimizes not only how technology interacts …
Generative Deep Learning, 2nd Edition
Generative AI is the hottest topic in tech. This practical book teaches machine learning engineers and …
Beyond Emotional Intelligence
Discover the hidden inner workings of your mind so you can break unhelpful habits and set …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …