AFTER READING THIS CHAPTER, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss the project planning process, including planning tools, evaluation methods, and key elements.
- Discuss the benefits of and strategies for dealing with diverse project groups.
- Explain the basics of project scheduling and the use of Gantt charts.
- Define enterprise project management and discuss the key elements in project control.
- Develop and analyze both deterministic probabilistic and project networks.
- Use Microsoft Project for network analysis.
- Determine and explain project crashing and time-cost tradeoffs.
PROJECTS TO ACHIEVE SUSTAINABILITY IN DENIM JEANS PRODUCTION
Sustainability is currently one of the most popular areas for project development and management among companies in the denim jeans industry. There are significant opportunities to engage in projects aimed at achieving sustainability goals throughout the denim jeans supply chain from cotton growers to denim jeans customers, and beyond. Cotton growers have undertaken projects to reduce water consumption for irrigation, use beneficial insects instead of chemical insecticides to control pests, improve farming practices to reduce the amount of chemicals used to grow cotton, and use farmland more productively to ...