What You’ll Learn This Hour:
• How the app lifetime management is handled in Windows
• The order of events during the app-launching process
• Why apps get suspended and terminated, and what needs to be done to handle it
• What events we can hook into to save our session state and retrieve it at the appropriate times
• How to rehydrate our apps from a terminated state
• How to make the user experience great even when the app was terminated
The app life cycle in Windows 8 style apps is different than in previous versions of Windows and apps that run in the desktop mode. For all previous versions, the user determined the lifetime of the app. In contrast, the operating system handles lifetime management in ...