The endgame is hardly the time to focus on establishing an effective configuration management tool, process, or framework. Nonetheless, many endgames are sorely affected by deficiencies in configuration management. In this chapter, I touch on a few configuration management topics with the intent of increasing your awareness and effectiveness in this area.
We’ll examine the following:
• a configuration management readiness checklist
• the level of granularity in your configuration management
• a practice build to shake out CM problems
• the role your team leaders should play, with respect to CM
• the value of nightly periodic builds and pre-testing smoke tests
• the release turnover meeting ...