Book descriptionA radical new leadership strategy to transform business as we know it—from a dream team of INSEAD professors and mega-bestselling author Ram Charan
The business landscape is littered with the wreckage of companies that crashed and burned when an apocalypse came—in the shape of new competitive technologies, upstart entrants, demographic shifts, and new world orders. Who can feel safe in firestorm change?
The authors of The Phoenix Encounter Method don’t advise safety. In fact, their method of leadership thinking requires you to imagine burning your business to the ground—throwing yourself into a firestorm change—and turning the upheaval to your organization’s advantage. It can then rise, phoenix-like, from the ashes, stronger and more powerful than ever.
Written with a sense of urgency and purposefully radical provocation, The Phoenix Encounter Method represents the forward thinking of legendary business guru Ram Charan and professors from the senior global leadership program of INSEAD, one of the world’s top graduate business schools. The resulting methodology, based on analysis of thousands of articles, studies, reports, and academic and business practice, was field tested in real-life Phoenix Encounters conducted with more than fifteen hundred senior executives—from startups and family businesses to legacy companies—representing a broad range of industry and sectors in both developed and developing economies.
Whatever your sector or industry, if you’re responsible for your organization’s ability to use change as a transformative opportunity, you’ll appreciate the dramatic impact The Phoenix Encounter Method will have on you, your leadership, and your organization.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction: Are You on Fire?
- Part I Phoenix Seeking: Encounter Groundwork
Part II Phoenix Burning: Encounter Battlefield
- Chapter 6 Scanning Firepower for Extreme Attack and Horizon Defense
- Chapter 7 All Digital Firepower, All the Time
- Chapter 8 Platforms: The Ecosystem Firepower
- Chapter 9 The Firepower of Indispensable Technologies
- Chapter 10 Targeted Technology Firepower
- Chapter 11 Firepower Far Beyond Technology
- Chapter 12 Firepower from Combinatorial Innovation
- Part III Phoenix Rising: Encounter Breakthrough
- Afterword: Final Reflection
- Title: The Phoenix Encounter Method: Lead Like Your Business Is on Fire!
- Release date: October 2020
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781264257645
You might also like
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
Dominated by streaming data and events, the next generation of software development optimizes not only how …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …