The most powerful word in your leadership vocabulary is . . . THANKS!
Building a fully engaged, energized workforce is the key to business success. The Power of Thanks reveals how leading companies like Intuit, JetBlue Airways, IHG, Symantec, ConAgra Foods, and The Hershey Company empower employees through social recognition, in which the practice of mutual appreciation and trust directs and rewards higher performance.
Eric Mosley and Derek Irvine, executives at the world-renowned employee recognition firm Globoforce, explain why social recognition is so powerful and how you can apply it in your company. Case by case, they show how a carefully planned and consistently executed Culture of Recognition business strategy inspires:
- Greater employee engagement and loyalty
- Stronger, more unified teams and departments
- A creative, innovative company culture
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Increased profitability and organizational health
Mosley and Irvine provide practical advice and proven examples for devising a powerful, growth-generating strategy that modernizes employee recognition for today's social, global, multi-generational and 24x7 wired workforce.
When employees participate in a culture that makes everyone a stakeholder in the organization's success, positive energy spreads like wildfire, and business results follow. Something so simple and powerful might work like magic, but it's really just common sense. It's smart management. It's long-term thinking.
It's The Power of Thanks.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction – The Power of Thanks
- Part 1 Understanding Organizational Culture
- Part 2 Understanding Social Recognition
- Part 3 Putting Social Recognition Into Practice
- About the Author
- Title: The Power of Thanks: How Social Recognition Empowers Employees and Creates a Best Place to Work
- Release date: December 2014
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071838412
You might also like
Marketing Data Science: Modeling Techniques in Predictive Analytics with R and Python
Now a leader of Northwestern University's prestigious analytics program presents a fully-integrated treatment of both the …
Critical Thinking Skills For Dummies
Turbocharge your reasoning with Critical Thinking Just what are the ingredients of a great argument? What …
I’m the Boss of Me: A Guide to Owning Your Career
If you’re like most people, you’ve had good bosses and bad bosses. Some bosses have inspired …
Positive Psychology in Practice: Promoting Human Flourishing in Work, Health, Education, and Everyday Life, 2nd Edition
The best minds in positive psychology survey the state of the field Positive Psychology in Practice, …