Keep it under your hat
Now you have embarked on a new journey, a new direction, it might be worth keeping it under your hat. There may come a time when you will need to discuss what you are doing with money mentors (see Rule 71) but for the moment don’t broadcast what you are doing. There are several reasons for this:
- Other people’s opinions can often be negative and this can put you off.
- If everyone is doing it, there may be less room for you.
- There’s no need to give away all your best ideas.
- Having other people discussing your business among themselves is never good for you.
- You don’t want to be seen as preaching or trying to convert people to your way of thinking.
- No one else really wants to know what you’re up to – if they ask how ...