- objective assessment of the space requirements of an organization and how these will be satisfied – see also space management
- tasks that are needed to complete deliverables (EN 15221-5:2011)
- possibility of changing characteristics such as volume, function or space in order to meet new demands or needs (BS 8536:2010)
- tangible gain from a decision, action or procedure that exceeds its monetary equivalent; for example, a specified service might be performed at its most economical cost yet still provide further benefit from, say, the manner in which end-users’ other needs are satisfied – see also best value
- employment of personnel through a specialist or general recruitment agency; they provide variable standards of selection expertise, personnel support and training, and end-user support
- expression of the design, its working detail, construction works and/or installations, functions, operations and maintenance needs of a facility in a form suitable for use in managing that facility (BS 8536:2010)
- item, thing or entity that has potential or actual value to an organization (ISO 55000: 2014)
asset cost breakdown
- itemization of the capital cost of a facility asset in terms of its constituent parts (BS 8587:2012)
- coordinated activity of an organization to realize value from assets (ISO 55000: 2014)
- collection of ...
Get Total Facility Management, 4th Edition now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.