Working with Workflows
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CHAPTER:
- The definition of workflows and basic workflow concepts
- How to create powerful custom workflows using SharePoint Designer 2013
- How to use tasks and workflow history in workflows
- Troubleshooting steps and basic workflow administration processes
Business processes exist within all companies. These processes not only consist of computer interactions, but more importantly, they are between individuals. SharePoint brings processes together with tasks and the people who are part of these day-to-day interactions.
Workflows are used to automate business processes, promoting a more efficient work experience. When defined and created in SharePoint, automated workflows lessen confusion and save time and money.
This chapter covers SharePoint 2013 workflows and their features and capabilities. The new SharePoint 2013 workflow engine, which your server administrator can install on your server, is a prerequisite. This chapter does not cover the old SharePoint 2010 workflows, which means that if the 2013 workflow engine is not there, this chapter will not be applicable to your environment.
- Installing and configuring workflow for SharePoint Server 2013: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj658588
- Installing Workflow Manager 1.0: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj193448
Some steps in this chapter also use the new workflow ...
Get Beginning SharePoint 2013: Building Business Solutions now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.