Take control and lead the life you want to live.
Do you say yes when you mean no?
Do you avoid conflict and confrontation?
Do you struggle to make decisions?
What if you could confidently answer no to all of these questions? With How to be Assertive in Any Situation you can.
Discover life-changing techniques to help you express your needs openly and calmly; set boundaries and deal with expectations, demands and criticism; make clear decisions without ever feeling anxious.
Challenge your fears, grow self-confidence and steer your life in the direction you want to go.
"Practical, empowering and thought-provoking."
Heather Buckley, Co-Founder and Director of Silicon Beach Training
"This book will help everyone understand that a few small changes can add up to big changes in our happiness and success."
Vicki Saunders, serial entrepreneur & CEO, Zazengo
Table of Contents
- Title page
- About the authors
- Authors’ acknowledgements
- Introduction from previous edition
- Part 1 What it means to be assertive
Part 2 Putting it into practice
- 5 How to be assertive with your family
- 6 How to be assertive with your friends
- 7 How to be assertive at work
- 8 How to get good service
- 9 How to be assertive at interviews
- 10 How to be assertive in meetings
- 11 How to help others to be assertive
- 12 How to deal with difficult people
- 13 How to make assertive decisions
- Appendix 1 Useful assertive phrases and quick responses
- Appendix 2 Courses and helpful organisations
- Title: How to be Assertive In Any Situation, 2nd Edition
- Release date: December 2013
- Publisher(s): Pearson Life
- ISBN: 9780273785224