ADDIE and Other ISD Models
• ISD models are the scientific foundation for instructional design
• The ADDIE model of ISD
• SAM and other models practiced in ISD
• The three truths of ISD models
• ISD models are not a road map for course design processes
At the end of this chapter, the learner should be able to:
• Define the structure and uses for an instructional design model.
• List the five elements of the ADDIE model.
• Compare and contrast ADDIE with SAM and at least two other ISD models.
• List the three truths concerning ISD models.
• Explain why ISD models are not meant to be a road map for instructional design projects.
Theoretical models for the practice of ISD go back to the work of Robert ...