Viewing a virtual interface on the compute node for GRE tunnels
This recipe shows you how to identify the virtual network interface used by a VM for a GRE-based virtual network. Viewing the network interface can be useful to troubleshoot the connectivity problems between the VMs and network services.
For this recipe, you will need the following information:
- The SSH login credentials for the node where the Neutron client packages are installed
- User-level access to OpenStack
- The name of the VM for which you want to identify the virtual interface
- Log in to a node with access to OpenStack.
- Import the OpenStack RC file to set up the user-level access credentials.
- Use the
nova list commands to identify the VM instance, virtual network, ...