Creating a Virtual IP using CLI
In this recipe, we will use the Neutron CLI to create and associate a VIP with a load balancer pool.
For this recipe, you will need the following information:
- The SSH login credentials for a node where the Neutron client packages are installed
- A shell RC file that initializes the environment variables for CLI
- The name of the VIP
- The name of the load balancer pool
- The Subnet CIDR associated with this pool
- A free IP address in the Subnet for the VIP configuration
- The protocol port
- The protocol type
The following steps will show you how to create a VIP and associate it with a load balancer pool using the Neutron CLI:
- Using the appropriate credentials, SSH into the OpenStack node installed with the Neutron ...