Creating a security group using CLI
We have seen how to create a security group using Horizon; this recipe shows you how to create a security group using the CLI.
For this recipe, you will need the following information:
- The SSH login credentials for a node where the Neutron client packages are installed
- A shell RC file that initializes the environment variables for CLI
- The name and description of the security group
The following steps will show you how to create a security group using the Neutron CLI:
- Using the appropriate credentials, SSH into the OpenStack node installed with the Neutron client packages.
- Source the shell RC file to initialize the environment variables required for the CLI commands.
- Execute the
neutron security-group-create ...