Design of Manufacturing Processes
After going through this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What are the factors that significantly determine process design in organizations?
- How are process choices and flow characteristics of jobs linked? Do they have any bearing on the structural aspects of organizations?
- What are the well-known process design options available?
- How do volume–variety–flow dimensions influence the layout decision in an organization?
- What are the different types of layouts available?
- How can we assess the appropriateness of a layout design?
- How can one design a product layout, a process layout, and a group technology (GT) layout?
- What software packages are available ...