Book descriptionThis book presents a new way to look at communication within projects. It combines real-world examples and practical tips with theory, research, and professional standards you can apply to any size and type of project.
Communication is vital for project success. Experts know it. Industry-wide research verifies it. Yet projects continue to fail because of poor communication. As a result, stakeholders and organizations don’t realize the benefits of their projects and project teams.
This book presents a new way to look at communication within projects. It combines real-world examples and practical tips with theory, research, and professional standards you can apply to any size and type of project. Gain actionable insights into identifying your audience, choosing the right tools, managing change, and handling conflict. Expand your professional toolkit with templates, activities, and resources. Develop your project communications expertise with reflective questions and recommendations.
Whether you are a project manager, team member, project sponsor, or stakeholder, this book is for you. For educators, the book is ideal for students studying project management and related fields. Make your project communications a critical factor in your project success!
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Exploring Communication Theories
- Chapter 3 Knowing Your Audience
- Chapter 4 Starting with the Basics
- Chapter 5 Planning Project Communications
- Chapter 6 Managing and Monitoring Project Communications
- Chapter 7 Using Project Communication Tools
- Chapter 8 Communicating Change
- Chapter 9 Managing Conflict through Communication
- Chapter 10 Closing
- Appendix A: Evolution of Project Communications
- Appendix B: Resource Guide
- Appendix C: Templates
- Appendix D: Key Questions
- Appendix E: Sample Ground Rules
- About the Authors
- Title: Project Communications
- Release date: July 2020
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781951527730
You might also like
Grokking Algorithms is a friendly take on this core computer science topic. In it, you'll learn …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
The Phoenix Project
Bill is an IT manager at Parts Unlimited. It's Tuesday morning and on his drive into …
The Remote Facilitator's Pocket Guide
This approach to remote facilitation makes virtual meetings powerful means of collaboration using proven techniques to …