Defining the Project
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Explain the importance of problem definition in project initiation.
• Describe the process of project initiation.
• Describe the differences and similarities between projects and phases.
• Identify the characteristics of the three types of stakeholders; identify at least five stakeholders and determine their characteristics; prepare a stakeholder register.
• Define constraints and provide examples; describe the triple constraints and the hierarchy of constraints.
• Define assumptions.
• Describe the benefits of a project charter and list elements ...
Get Successful Project Management now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.