Defining the Project
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Explain the importance of problem definition in project initiation.
• Describe the process of project initiation.
• Describe the differences and similarities between projects and phases.
• Identify the characteristics of the three types of stakeholders; identify at least five stakeholders and determine their characteristics; prepare a stakeholder register.
• Define constraints and provide examples; describe the triple constraints and the hierarchy of constraints.
• Define assumptions.
• Describe the benefits of a project charter and list elements ...