Estimating the Activities
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Describe the process of progressively elaborating the initial project plan.
• Define the difference between rough order of magnitude, preliminary, and definitive estimates and give circumstances in which each is appropriate.
• Explain standard estimating techniques of analogous estimating, expert judgment estimating, Delphi method estimating, parametric estimating, and bottom-up estimating.
• Define three-point estimating and the two methods that use it; perform PERT calculations using three-point estimates.
• List common issues in estimating, ...