Planning the Activities
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Explain the importance of progressive elaboration in the planning process.
• Create a project statement of work (SOW).
• Prepare a requirements document and explain when it is needed.
• Create and interpret a work breakdown structure (WBS) in both org chart and outline format.
• Develop an activity list and network diagram; define the critical path, slack, and float; and perform a forward and backward pass.
• Explain the role of the Gantt chart, and describe the process for turning a network diagram into a Gantt chart.
Estimated timing ...