IN THIS CHAPTER, YOU WILL LEARN
- The working principle of an assembler.
- The various assemblers available for x86.
- The features and use of a popular assembler.
- To write programs using simplified memory models.
- To write programs using the full segment definition.
- To understand the techniques of instruction design for 8086.
Assembly Language Programming
In chapter 0, we have seen why assembly language is very important. To code efficiently in assembly language for a particular processor, the prerequisites are a good knowledge of the internal architecture of the processor and addressing modes, which means that understanding the contents of chapter 1 is absolutely necessary.
When we want to write and execute an assembly ...