The first of its kind—a Value Stream Mapping book written for those in service and office environments who need to streamline operations
Value Stream Mapping is a practical, how-to guide that helps decision-makers improve value stream efficiency in virtually any setting, including construction, energy, financial service, government, healthcare, R&D, retail, and technology. It gives you the tools to address a wider range of important VSM issues than any other such book, including the psychology of change, leadership, creating teams, building consensus, and charter development.
Karen Martin is principal consultant for Karen Martin & Associates, LLC, instructor for the University of California, San Diego's Lean Enterprise program, and industry advisor to the University of San Diego's Industrial and Systems Engineering program.
Mike Osterling provides support and leadership to manufacturing and non-manufacturing organizations on their Lean Transformation Journey. In a continuous improvement leadership role for six years, Mike played a key role in Square D Company's lean transformation in the 1990s.
Table of Contents
- VALUE STREAM MAPPING: How to Visualize Work and Align Leadership for Organizational Transformation
- Copyright Page
- 1 Value Stream Management
- 2 Setting the Stage and Enabling Success
- 3 Understanding the Current State
- 4 Designing the Future State
- 5 Developing the Transformation Plan
- 6 Achieving Transformation
- Appendix A: Value Stream Mapping Icons
- Appendix B: Outpatient Imaging Services Value Stream
- Appendix C: Purchasing Value Stream
- Appendix D: Repair Services Value Stream
- Appendix E: Shelving Systems Value Stream
- Appendix F: Software Development Value Stream
- Title: Value Stream Mapping: How to Visualize Work and Align Leadership for Organizational Transformation
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071828918