In the modern workplace, clearly defined hierarchies are on the wane, few of us have ‘jobs for life’ and many of us have portfolio careers or are self-employed. In these self-reliant times, it’s essential to be remembered for the right reasons.
Brand You helps you develop a powerful personal brand, both on- and offline, and shows you how to:
- Discover your talents, values and purpose
- Become more visible in your market
- Make the most of your networks
- Build your brand online using blogs, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Attract people who want what you do in the way that you do it
This new, extended edition is the definitive guide to personal branding and is packed with new material on social media, charisma and discovering your mission, as well as new exercises and examples. It is supported by valuable extra tools.
To succeed in today's fast-paced environment, you have to know yourself and be able to communicate your brand to the outside world. This book will show you how. Highly recommended.- Gemma Greaves, Marketing Director, The Marketing Society.
A must-read for everyone, from trainees to board members.- Sanjay Shah, Chief Financial Officer, The London Clinic.
Table of Contents
- Title page
- About the authors
- 1 Why build your brand?
- 2 How do brands work?
- 3 Personal branding: the essentials
- 4 Your talents
- 5 Your values
- 6 Your purpose
- 7 Using archetypes to develop your brand
- 8 Staying focused
- 9 Explaining what you do
- 10 Telling your story
- 11 Aligning your CV with your brand
- 12 Your appearance, voice and behaviour
- 13 Charisma
- 14 Getting paid
- 15 Becoming more visible
- 16 Building your network
- 17 Building your brand online
- 18 Using social media to build your brand
- 19 Getting started with social media
- 20 Becoming famous
- 21 Protecting and extending your brand
- 22 Co-branding
- 23 Building a team
- Appendix: Case studies
- Recommended reading
- Title: Brand You
- Release date: May 2012
- Publisher(s): Pearson International
- ISBN: 9780273777694