After reading this chapter, you should understand:
- The Top Down Design method
- The importance of Program Design by the Top Down method and Structured Programming
- Various Control Constructs found in modern High Level Languages
- The inter-relationship of Top Down Design and Structured Programming
- The order in which a Recursive Function executes its statements
A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.
There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.
—Charles Hoare ...